DavisToday

DAVIS HISTORY

How Davis’s first library became the Hattie Weber Museum

Davis’s first dedicated library building opened in 1911; it was moved to its current site in 1988 and reopened as the Hattie Weber Museum.

The small Hattie Weber Museum began as Davis’s first library building. A local social organization known as the Bachelor Girls raised money for the lot, and Hattie Weber served as the first librarian for 43 years. In 1988 the building was moved to its current Central Park-area site and opened as a museum named for her.

1911Davis’s first library building opens.
1911–1950sHattie Weber serves as librarian for 43 years.
1988The building is moved and opens as the Hattie Weber Museum.
Period1911–1988
EvidenceDocumented
Location445 C St
Last checked2026-08-18
SourceCity of Davis — Historic Pedestrian and Bike Tour

More arts, culture & history in davis →